[comp.sys.atari.st.tech] Unsafe tinkering with file atributes

neil@cs.hw.ac.uk (Neil Forsyth) (02/13/91)

>apratt@atari.UUCP (Allan Pratt) writes:
> (about file attributes)
>Tell me about it.  I didn't write GEMDOS, I inherited it. ...

Lucky you! We bought it!

> ... Besides, I
>didn't say this was the case, I said it might be.  I think it is. I haven't
>looked.  I choose not to look, so as to keep the possibility open.  It's
>like Schroedinger's Cat: if you don't look, you don't know.  In this case,
>I want to assume (and I want you all to assume) it's unsafe.

I think we'd all like to know one way or the other.
If you look at the code and find it all hunky dory then we'd all suddenly be
smiling. If it's 'unsafe' then I'd like to think you'd consider making it
better.

grep SUBDIR *.c ; echo ':-)'

! DISCLAIMER:Unless otherwise stated, the above comments are entirely my own !
! Neil Forsyth                      JANET:  neil@uk.ac.hw.cs                 !
! Dept. of Computer Science         ARPA:   neil@cs.hw.ac.uk                 !
! Heriot-Watt University            UUCP:   ..!ukc!cs.hw.ac.uk!neil          !
! Edinburgh, Scotland, UK           "That was never a directory!" :-)        !