[comp.sys.atari.st.tech] TSR programs

csual@warwick.ac.uk (Jason Morris) (02/20/91)

  I recently started playing around with the Atari-specific libraries of
Lattice C V.5, rather than just plain old bog-standard C. I've sussed out
desktop accessories (I hope!!) but I don't even know where to start with
TSR's.
  Say I wanted a process to sleep until I pressed a certain hot-key, or
some other such event like a timeout, and then wake up and do something. What
do I have to do to set this up?
  If you can help I'd appreciate it, and a simple TSR source (e.g. a screen
saver) would be ideal.

  Answers on the back of a postcard to:

                        jas@uk.ac.warwick.cs

  Thanks,
                Jason Morris.

csual@warwick.ac.uk (Jason Morris) (02/21/91)

  This is a second posting as I got no replies last time : Surely SOMEONE out
there can help me. Pretty Please... 8-).

csbrod@immd4.informatik.uni-erlangen.de (Claus Brod) (02/22/91)

csual@warwick.ac.uk (Jason Morris) writes:

>  I recently started playing around with the Atari-specific libraries of
>Lattice C V.5, rather than just plain old bog-standard C. I've sussed out
>desktop accessories (I hope!!) but I don't even know where to start with
>TSR's.
>  Say I wanted a process to sleep until I pressed a certain hot-key, or
>some other such event like a timeout, and then wake up and do something. What
>do I have to do to set this up?
>  If you can help I'd appreciate it, and a simple TSR source (e.g. a screen
>saver) would be ideal.

First, read the doc on Ptermres(). It tells you how to terminate a program
of yours aqnd stay resident. If you want something like a hot-key, you will
have to link your program into one or the other vector; in a screen saver,
for instance, you might intercept the mouse movement vector so that
a routine in your programs is being called whenever you move the mouse.
These are the basics how it works - details depend on the kind of TSR
you want to write.

Claus Brod, Am Felsenkeller 2,			Things. Take. Time.
D-8772 Marktheidenfeld, West Germany		(Piet Hein)
csbrod@medusa.informatik.uni-erlangen.de