[comp.sys.atari.st.tech] form_do

alex@hpgnd.grenoble.hp.com (Alexis MERMET-GRANDFILLES) (02/12/91)

Hello,

1)

Does anybody know of sources of form_do() available somewhere ?
Or sources of an alternative form_do() ?

2)

I have experiment troubles with form_do(). It seems to do not redraw
the outline of radio buttons when they are stick together and when
the currently selected radio-button changes.

Is anybody aware of that? and what could be a work around ?

3)

What rule is used to give the focus to TEXTEDIT fields when the TAB
key is pressed ? Some times, I found that some TEXTEDIT fields are not
reachable unless the user directly points within it with the mouse.

I am currently using a 520STE TOS 1.62 with Meg of RAM.

Thanks for your help.

Alexis MERMET-GRANDFILLES.

moses@hao.ucar.edu (Julie Moses) (02/15/91)

>1)
>
>Does anybody know of sources of form_do() available somewhere ?
>Or sources of an alternative form_do() ?

Get the PRO GEM series of articles by Tim Oren. Pro GEM is a
collection of 17 tutorials on GEM programming and if you find a
complete set they should also include the associated example C
source code files. Included in the source code is the code for the
form_do() function in complete detail. You could modify it to meet
your needs. This is all in the public domain and available through
good BBSs, some network nodes, Compuserve and GEnie.

Julie Moses

rmacgreg@cs.strath.ac.uk (Sorcerer) (02/18/91)

In article <10298@ncar.ucar.edu> moses@hao.ucar.edu (Julie Moses) writes:
>>1)
>>
>>Does anybody know of sources of form_do() available somewhere ?
>>Or sources of an alternative form_do() ?
>
>Get the PRO GEM series of articles by Tim Oren. Pro GEM is a
>collection of 17 tutorials on GEM programming and if you find a
>complete set they should also include the associated example C
>source code files. Included in the source code is the code for the
>form_do() function in complete detail. You could modify it to meet
>your needs. This is all in the public domain and available through
>good BBSs, some network nodes, Compuserve and GEnie.
>
>Julie Moses

Well,  can somebody out there tell me where I can get articles 13-17 and all
the source code associated with the series?  Lancs.pdsoft has the first 12
articles, but no source code ('cos it got corrupted).

       The Sorcerer is 'Only visiting this planet' but can be found at:

             JANET: cadx862 @uk.ac.strathclyde.computer-centre-sun
                    rmacgreg@uk.ac.strathclyde.computer-science
  INTERNET: via nsfnet-relay.ac.uk    BITNET: via ukacrl    UUCP: via ukc.uucp

          or second star to the right and straight on 'till morning.

minidis@urz.unibas.ch (03/06/91)

In article <17750006@hpgnd.grenoble.hp.com>, alex@hpgnd.grenoble.hp.com (Alexis MERMET

> 1)
>
> Does anybody know of sources of form_do() available somewhere ?
> Or sources of an alternative form_do() ?

Here is another solution to your problem:

In the german magazin "ST-COMPUTER" Nr.11/89 is an article about a completly
new form_do(). With this you can are able to program key selections
(e.g. press O for OK, E for EXIT, etc), corrects several small errors, etc.
Only Problem is, it is written in GFA-BASIC.

Alexander Minidis