[comp.sys.atari.st.tech] GDOS fonts

hyc@hanauma.jpl.nasa.gov (Howard Chu) (03/14/91)

In article <1991Mar14.085428.14363@convex.com> rosenkra@convex.com (William Rosencranz) writes:
>In article <64886@eerie.acsu.Buffalo.EDU> v053qhyx@ubvmsd.cc.buffalo.edu writes:
>>Does anyone know if GREEK lettering fonts either GDOS or not are available
>>for the ST.. Otherwise How could I create my own font???!
>>
>>Jeremy

There is also a large arc file of GDOS fonts converted from the Mac, including
a couple Greek and symbol fonts. I converted these using Neocept's Fontz!
program. Unfortunately, Neocept doesn't really exist any more, so I don't
know if you can still find this program for sale. (Ooops, I meant to also
say "large arc file *on atari.archive.umich.edu*...)

Well dang, I just looked and it seems to have been moved to hyperspace.
--
  -- Howard Chu @ Jet Propulsion Laboratory, Pasadena, CA
	Disclaimer: How would I know, I just got here!

cae@sdfvm1.vnet.ibm.com (Cornelius Caesar) (03/15/91)

hyc@hanauma.jpl.nasa.gov (Howard Chu) writes:
>There is also a large arc file of GDOS fonts converted from the Mac, including
>a couple Greek and symbol fonts. I converted these using Neocept's Fontz!
>program. Unfortunately, Neocept doesn't really exist any more, so I don't
>know if you can still find this program for sale. (Ooops, I meant to also
>say "large arc file *on atari.archive.umich.edu*...)
>
>Well dang, I just looked and it seems to have been moved to hyperspace.

But it is still on Panarthea as binaries/volume7/macfonts part01,...,part08.

   Cornelius

PS: Congratulations for your new job, Howard!