[comp.sys.atari.st.tech] Mono Monitor Problem + GDOS

rosenkra@convex.com (William Rosencranz) (03/14/91)

In article <64886@eerie.acsu.Buffalo.EDU> v053qhyx@ubvmsd.cc.buffalo.edu writes:
>Does anyone know if GREEK lettering fonts either GDOS or not are available
>for the ST.. Otherwise How could I create my own font???!
>
>Jeremy

i have developed the special font for manpager which includes upper/lower
full greek set. i think they line up pretty much with ascii A-Z,a-z.
i will soon be posting a file converter for GEM to GDOS fonts and visa
versa. the only difference is that GDOS numerical data (ints and longs)
are byteswapped to intel order.

get the special font from manpager i posted a couple of months ago. it
will be a .FED file in the source post.

there may be others, too. mine are a pretty quick hack. there was also
a GDOS font editor uploaded to atari.archive (called gemfed.lzh, i think).

-bill
rosenkra@convex.com

--
Bill Rosenkranz            |UUCP: {uunet,texsun}!convex!c1yankee!rosenkra
Convex Computer Corp.      |ARPA: rosenkra%c1yankee@convex.com

goo@hpindda.cup.hp.com (Michael Goo) (03/16/91)

Monitor Problem:  no clue  (a loose connection maybe 8-)

Greek GDOS font:  no clue

Make a font:      Try a program like Hyperfont from Michtron (still available?)
		  or Fontz! from Neocept.  I think there is a shareware or PD
		  font editor available, GEMFED or something like that.

Hope this helps.

Your pal,
  Mike Goo