[comp.sys.atari.st.tech] Composite video on 1040STf?

bright@ccu.umanitoba.ca (Bob Bright) (03/28/91)

I recently came into possession of a Magnavox RGB/Composite monitor,
and was wondering whether I could hook it up to my 1040STf.  The
manual (?!) that came with the machine lists a composite signal on the
pinouts for the monitor port (pin 2).  Is there actually a composite
signal there, or does it exist only in machines that have a built-in
rf modulator?  If the signal is actually there, do I need some sort of
special cable to use it?  And is it worth the trouble?  (I know that
that the display quality would be decidedly inferior to the normal
analog RGB, but would I at least be able to play a few color games
without too much eye strain?)

Thanks, BBB
--
Bob Bright <bright@ccu.umanitoba.ca>
Dept. of Philosophy

boyd@nu.cs.fsu.edu (Mickey Boyd) (03/28/91)

In article <1991Mar27.165813.1728@ccu.umanitoba.ca>, bright@ccu.umanitoba.ca (Bob Bright) writes:

>I recently came into possession of a Magnavox RGB/Composite monitor,
>and was wondering whether I could hook it up to my 1040STf.  The

I seem to remember that Toad Computers used to sell a Magnavox monitor for
use with the ST.  You could call and ask, their number is 1-800-448-8623.

--
             Mickey R. Boyd          |  "Kirk to Enterprise.  All clear