[comp.sys.atari.st.tech] g++

cliff@jarthur.Claremont.EDU (Clifford Stein) (02/10/91)

I'm having trouble getting g++ to work on my Mega ST 2.

The problem is that it doesn't like to use the normal gcc libraries such as
stdio.h strings.h.  It gives me parsing errors on the functions fread() and
fwrite() in stdio.h.  (lines 145 and 146)

Does anyone know how to fix this?  G++ should be able to handle normal C
program with no/little modifications (I know, I've tried with G++ on my
school's machines).  What's wrong?  My env variables are all set properly as
far as I can tell.

I'm using G++ 1.35 and GCC 1.36.

HELP!!!!

--Cliff Stein

BTW:  Are there any newer versions of these?

csuab@warwick.ac.uk (Steve Strong) (03/07/91)

Hi there,

I'd like to here from someone who has got G++ running on there machines.
I've had a look at the files on terminator and there appears to be a total
lack of README files. I assume that one of the TTP files takes a C++ progam
as input and outputs a C program. What I'd like to have running is the gnu
C++ translator and Lattice C to do the compilation. Has anyone got a setup
like this? What libraries/header files are required? Is it possible?!
Most grateful for any help you could give me (I've just been set an
assignment in C++, and it would be real useful to have it at home!)

Thanks

Steve

rcb@netcom.COM (Roy Bixler) (03/09/91)

In article <F+D&VM*@warwick.ac.uk> csuab@warwick.ac.uk (Steve Strong) writes:
>Hi there,
>
>I'd like to here from someone who has got G++ running on there machines.

I haven't tried it yet on my STe yet, but I have gotten it up and
running on a Sun.

>I've had a look at the files on terminator and there appears to be a total
>lack of README files. I assume that one of the TTP files takes a C++ progam
>as input and outputs a C program. What I'd like to have running is the gnu
>C++ translator and Lattice C to do the compilation. Has anyone got a setup
>like this? What libraries/header files are required? Is it possible?!

I believe that G++ translates C++ directly to object/assembly code.
You wouldn't need Lattice C then.  Also, the header file and libraries
you need are a separate package (forgot the name, but it is explicitly
a GNU C++ library).

>Most grateful for any help you could give me (I've just been set an
>assignment in C++, and it would be real useful to have it at home!)
>
>Thanks
>
>Steve

For such meager help, any time!

Roy Bixler
rcb@netcom.com -or- (UUCP) uunet!apple!netcom!rcb
--
Roy Bixler
rcb@netcom.com -or- (UUCP) uunet!apple!netcom!rcb

cliff@jarthur.claremont.edu (Clifford Stein) (04/23/91)

I'm having problems getting my g++ compiler to work.  It seems unable to
find the standard header files, such as stdio.h.  I know, I have to set my
path first.  Well, I think I have.  Here's what's up:

I'm using gulam, and the printenv command says

G++INC=d:\gnu\g++lib\g++-incl

I know that stdio.h is in d:\gnu\g++lib\g++-incl\stdio.h and if I
substitute:

#include"d:\gnu\g++lib\g++-incl\stdio.h"

then the compiler works fine.

#include<stdio.h>

gives me errors and says it is unable to find stdio.h.  Although this is
might unrelated, gcc1.39 has no problems at all.

One more thing.  Even if I have #include"d:\gnu\g++lib\g++-incl\stdio.h",
the compiler will go through and compile, giving me .o files.  It will not
link them togethere; it can't find the loader or linker or something
(probably the same problem with the paths).  I usually then just link with
gcc and have no problems.  Can someone send me a list of environmental
variables that need to be set for the g++ to work correctly?

I'm using a MegaST2 with TOS 1.4.

Any help will greatly be appreciated.

--Cliff