[comp.sys.atari.st.tech] GFA Basic and GDOS

wrhee@leland.Stanford.EDU (won rhee) (04/23/91)

GFA Basic 3.0   I can can create files and print them with OUTPRINT.PRG, but
EasyDraw, and Calamus still won't import them.  (Calamus hints that the sizing
information wasn't stored with the files!)  I know this is possible because
it is done within the BSTAT program, but the source was locked.

Any help is greatly appreciated!!!!

johns@maccs.dcss.mcmaster.ca (Conan the Barbarian) (04/23/91)

In article <1991Apr22.202926.14574@leland.Stanford.EDU> wrhee@leland.Stanford.EDU (won rhee) writes:
>GFA Basic 3.0   I can can create files and print them with OUTPRINT.PRG, but
>EasyDraw, and Calamus still won't import them.  (Calamus hints that the sizing
>information wasn't stored with the files!)  I know this is possible because
>it is done within the BSTAT program, but the source was locked.
>
>Any help is greatly appreciated!!!!

	There seems to be some disagreement about scaling of metafiles among
programs.  I remember when I was working on a program to create metafiles, I
could create them so OUTPRINT.PRG like them, Pagestream would import them, but
they would be upside down, and Easydraw would squash them down to about a
height of zero.  By trial and error I guessed the scale Easydraw was using
and had them imported properly, but I preferred Pagestream (pseudo-)
compatibility, and so used that.  I think you will have to play with the
numbers you pass to vm_coords().

Hope I was helpful, and good luck.

--
John Schmitt
johns@maccs.dcss.mcmaster.ca

Mark.Onyschuk.Of.250/744@f744.n250.z1.FidoNet.Org (Mark Onyschuk Of 250/744) (05/02/91)

There is source code at panarthea which alters GEM metafiles produced by
Uniterm to those readable by Easydraw and Calamus. The file is called EZGEM
I believe.

This should offer clues to solving your problem (I only had time to scan the
docs this morning, it seems that the file addresses the sizing information
problem).

Best Regards,
Mark Onyschuk