[comp.sys.atari.st.tech] Latex and PS on ST

david@castle.ed.ac.uk (D Mallon) (05/16/91)

I'm looking at running latex on my ST.(1Meg RAM)
Can anyone who has been down this route advise me
on the best previewer available, and where it can
be picked up.

I'd also be interested to hear of any PD drawing
software which will produce encapsulated postscript
- again to run on ST.

Thanks,
  David.

robin@castle.ed.ac.uk (R C Smith) (05/16/91)

In article <10303@castle.ed.ac.uk> david@castle.ed.ac.uk (D Mallon) writes:
>I'm looking at running latex on my ST.(1Meg RAM)
>Can anyone who has been down this route advise me
>on the best previewer available, and where it can
>be picked up.

showdvi is quite good (colour and mono) from terminator whoops atari.archive!

>I'd also be interested to hear of any PD drawing
>software which will produce encapsulated postscript

If you have got enough memory I think there has been a port of PORTABLE
BITMAP software to the ST, this is PD and takes many input bitmaps
(Degas and .img included) and can convert these to encapsulated
PostScript, if I'm lying about this someone really should do a port of
this utility.  Anyhow the portable bitmap stuff is very good even if it
wasn't what was asked for!