[comp.sys.atari.st.tech] TOS 1.4

clive@aldetec.oz.au (Clive Salvidge) (05/27/91)

When I was in the UK last year, I was given a copy of TOS 1.4 on disk
as a 'developers version'.  Are there many versions of TOS 1.4 and
if I were to blow this TOS image into a couple of eproms, could I
plug them into my TOS 1.2 ST?, Also, for 2 ROM sets, what size
are the eproms?

Thankx in anticipation!
..Clive

__________________.         _--_|\         .______________________________
Clive Salvidge    |        /      \        | Internet :  clive@aldetec.oz.au
Aldetec Pty Ltd   |    *-->\_.--._/        | ACSnet   :  clive@aldetec.oz
Western Australia |              v         | Voice    :  +61-9-4451888
_________< Due to a lack of imagination, this space is blank ! >__________

Roger.Sheppard@actrix.gen.nz (Roger Sheppard) (05/27/91)

In article <355@aldetec.oz.au> clive@aldetec.oz.au (Clive Salvidge) writes:
> When I was in the UK last year, I was given a copy of TOS 1.4 on disk
> as a 'developers version'.  Are there many versions of TOS 1.4 and
> if I were to blow this TOS image into a couple of eproms, could I
> plug them into my TOS 1.2 ST?, Also, for 2 ROM sets, what size
> are the eproms?
>
> Thankx in anticipation!
> ..Clive
>
> __________________.         _--_|\         .______________________________
> Clive Salvidge    |        /      \        | Internet :  clive@aldetec.oz.au
> Aldetec Pty Ltd   |    *-->\_.--._/        | ACSnet   :  clive@aldetec.oz
> Western Australia |              v         | Voice    :  +61-9-4451888
> _________< Due to a lack of imagination, this space is blank ! >__________

Well the disk version can't be used in a Rom Copy, and from what I
have heard, very buggy.

Note: the Rom version is position dependent code.

2 chip set, is 1 meg Proms, not Eproms, I don't think you can get 28
pin 1 meg Eproms
--
Roger W. Sheppard   85 Donovan Rd, Kapiti New Zealand...