[comp.sys.atari.st.tech] Mint libraries for Sozobon C

mro@dcs.exeter.ac.uk (Marcus) (06/12/91)

I have started to look at writing programs under Mint, but I only have
Sozobon C.

Are there any libraries for Mint that can be used with Sozobon C?
The only libraries I can find are for GCC (i.e .olb files).  Is it possible to
convert these for use with Sozobon?

Thanks

Marcus

7103_2622@uwovax.uwo.ca (Eric Smith) (06/13/91)

In article <3887@izar.dcs.exeter.ac.uk>, mro@dcs.exeter.ac.uk (Marcus) writes:
> Are there any libraries for Mint that can be used with Sozobon C?
> The only libraries I can find are for GCC (i.e .olb files).  Is it possible to
> convert these for use with Sozobon?

The source code for the MiNT library is also available (by FTP from
atari.archive, for example). Porting this to Sozobon is certainly possible,
although potentially difficult. Some of the functions (e.g. in the stdio
library) originally came from dLibs anyways, although Jwahar Bammi and
I (and other people as well) have hacked on them quite a bit.
--
Eric R. Smith                     email:
Dept. of Mathematics            eric.smith@uwo.ca

steve@thelake.mn.org (Steve Yelvington) (06/13/91)

[In article <1991Jun12.211112.9391@uwovax.uwo.ca>,
     7103_2622@uwovax.uwo.ca (Eric Smith) writes ... ]

> In article <3887@izar.dcs.exeter.ac.uk>, mro@dcs.exeter.ac.uk (Marcus) writes:
>> Are there any libraries for Mint that can be used with Sozobon C?
>> The only libraries I can find are for GCC (i.e .olb files).  Is it possible to
>> convert these for use with Sozobon?
>
> The source code for the MiNT library is also available (by FTP from
> atari.archive, for example). Porting this to Sozobon is certainly possible,
> although potentially difficult.

I get the impression that David Parsons (orc) has already done this in
conjunction with his work on Bauble UUCP (see comp.sources.atari.st).
Maybe he can be persuaded to release his libraries.

On a related note, is there any further info on a new release of
Sozobon C?

And does *anybody* have the full set of sources and examples for GEMFAST
version 1.5?

 ----
 Steve Yelvington, Marine on St. Croix, Minnesota, USA / steve@thelake.mn.org

orc@vpnet.chi.il.us (david parsons) (06/15/91)

In article <A1458312909@thelake.mn.org> steve@thelake.mn.org (Steve Yelvington) writes (About MiNTable libraries for Sozobon):
|I get the impression that David Parsons (orc) has already done this in
|conjunction with his work on Bauble UUCP (see comp.sources.atari.st).
|Maybe he can be persuaded to release his libraries.

  Yes, but there's one *little* *tiny* problem - there is no documentation of
libc - I've been trying to write documentation, but writing documentation for
a library takes the concept of staggeringly dull to a previously unknown and
unimagined level.  And they're rather personalized - I've only spent the effort
trying to make the bits I need to use work properly, and the other bits, many
of which I've liberated from dLibs, are just the way they've always been.

I'll be happy to email copies of my libraries and header files to people, but
I get the sneaky suspicion that they are in no way mature enough to feed to
comp.{binaries|sources}

                __
.david parsons  \/