[comp.sys.atari.st.tech] acsi-->scsi converter

nils@ooc.uva.nl (Nils Arbeitstein) (06/18/91)

Is there any other compagny wich makes acsi to scsi converters
at a lower price as Atari does??
and what do they cost then??
Because if there aren't i'm going to develop my own (private) copy,
'cause the atari prices for loose components are far too high for an ordinary
student who just wants to expand and play arround with his atari.
By the way, wy didn't atari have the decency to put in some buffer chips into their computer? I am willing to pay the few extra dollars it would have costed me.

nils.

Frank.Moehle@arbi.informatik.uni-oldenburg.de (Frank Moehle) (06/20/91)

nils@ooc.uva.nl (Nils Arbeitstein) writes:

>Is there any other compagny wich makes acsi to scsi converters
>at a lower price as Atari does??

These "converters" are usually called "SCSI Adapters" or so.
There are a lot of companies (i.e. ICD) offering such adapters at various
prices and with different quality (= speed) levels.

Hope this helps,
		  Frank
Nick       : Lateman                                      | I may be late,
Real       : Frank Moehle, Oldenburg, West Germany        | but I'm worth
Inhouse    : faramir!moesel                               | waiting for.
EARN/BITNET: 025881@DOLUNI1        UUCP: moehle@uniol     +-----------------
DOMAIN     : Frank.Moehle@arbi.informatik.uni-oldenburg.de
In an infinite space there can be no rain, because there is
no UP for it to fall DOWN from.                                 (hitchhiker)