[comp.sys.atari.st.tech] Microsoft Mice & roller controllers

km456265@longs.LANCE.ColoState.EDU (Kevin Melsheimer) (06/22/91)

Does anyone out there know if it is possible to use microsoft compatible
mice with
a Atari st?  My mouse recently broke down and I am looking for an inexpensive
(read REAL CHEAP) way of replacing it.  Is it possible to use an old
roller-controller
with the st and can anyone supply the pinout for the mouse port?

Thanks in advance

 _______________________________________
|     _                       /```'''\  |
| |/ [_ \  / | |\ |          //^\  /^\\ |
| |\ [_  \/  | | \|         {  o .. o  }|
|   _____________            \  ____  / |
|                             \ \||/ /  |
|  Kevin Melsheimer            \____/   |
|  km456265@longs.LANCE.ColoState.Edu   |
|_______________________________________|

marco@sys6626.bison.mb.ca (Marco) (06/23/91)

km456265@longs.LANCE.ColoState.EDU (Kevin Melsheimer) writes:

> Does anyone out there know if it is possible to use microsoft compatible
> mice with
> a Atari st?  My mouse recently broke down and I am looking for an inexpensive
> (read REAL CHEAP) way of replacing it.  Is it possible to use an old
> roller-controller
> with the st and can anyone supply the pinout for the mouse port?
>
> Thanks in advance

Yes it is. In an STReport from about three months back they included the
instuctions someone had posted on CIS. You might try contacting STR re:
back issues. It's apparently not too hard a thing to do. I just got a
Golden Image opto-mechanical and I love it! _Almost_ as good as a
Microsoft I tried out in the store. Funny that the guy at CIS said the
same thing after he got a fully optical mouse from Golden Image.

  | John Perry*Voice (204)783-0812*Internet marco@sys6626.bison.mb.ca   |