[comp.lang.idl-pvwave] Greek letters in v2?

oughton@vax1.acs.udel.EDU (Sean Oughton) (07/14/90)

We have recently installed IDL v2, after running v1 for about 6 months.  The
problem is that we haven't figured out how to get Greek charcters to print
either on the screen or with postscript when making plots.  This worked fine
in v1.  Now the !7a, for example, which used to produce a lower case alpha
comes out as !7a.

Anyone have a soln?  Does it involve giving up the hardware font's, i.e.
do we need to set !P.font to -1, instead of 0?

Thanks in advance.  Might as well post to the group to see if we can get some
volume going in it :-)

	Sean.

wagener@nereid.ists.ca (Richard Wagener) (07/15/90)

In article <6739@vax1.acs.udel.EDU> oughton@vax1.udel.edu (Sean Oughton) writes:
>Anyone have a soln?  Does it involve giving up the hardware font's, i.e.
>do we need to set !P.font to -1, instead of 0?

That's the only solution I could come up with!  This makes things difficult
when you are trying to mix vector drawn fonts (greek & math) with hardware
fonts (e.g. Helvetica).

 ...rick...