[comp.lang.idl-pvwave] Multiple plots per page

rfinch@caldwr.water.ca.gov (Ralph Finch) (02/22/91)

PV-Wave 3.02 on a Sun 4/260.

I'm trying to make 2 plots on a page, stacked vertically.  Page 3-14
of the Wave manual has exactly what I want:

!p.multi=[0,0,2,0,0]

and it does indeed produce two plots.  But, they each only take 1/4 of
the page, leaving the bottom half of the page blank.  Any ideas on how
to overcome this in an easy fashion?  Curiously when output goes to
the display it works fine, when it goes to the postscript printer it's
not.
--
Ralph Finch			916-445-0088
rfinch@water.ca.gov		...ucbvax!ucdavis!caldwr!rfinch

edd@iastate.edu (Doering Edward Raymond) (02/27/91)

In article <259@locke.water.ca.gov> rfinch@caldwr.water.ca.gov (Ralph Finch) writes:

>PV-Wave 3.02 on a Sun 4/260.
>
>I'm trying to make 2 plots on a page, stacked vertically.  Page 3-14
>of the Wave manual has exactly what I want:
>
>!p.multi=[0,0,2,0,0]
>
>and it does indeed produce two plots.  But, they each only take 1/4 of
>the page, leaving the bottom half of the page blank.  Any ideas on how
>to overcome this in an easy fashion?  Curiously when output goes to
>the display it works fine, when it goes to the postscript printer it's
>not.

Try re-sizing the plot window of the PostScript device; for example:

    WAVE> set_plot, 'PS'
    WAVE> device, /inches, xsize=7.0, ysize=10.0,yoffset=0.5,xoffset=1

-----
Ed Doering (edd@iastate.edu)