[comp.lang.idl-pvwave] contouring an

gl8f@astsun7.astro.Virginia.EDU (Greg Lindahl) (02/24/91)

What's the easiest way to take a rectangular grid done in r,theta
coordinates and contour it in x,y? One way would be to interpolate the
data onto x,y; is there a library routine that does this easily?

I looked and didn't see one, but I'm new to IDL.

murthy_j@jhunix.HCF.JHU.EDU (Jayant Murthy) (02/28/91)

In article <1991Feb23.223057.12666@murdoch.acc.Virginia.EDU> gl8f@astsun7.astro.Virginia.EDU (Greg Lindahl) writes:
>What's the easiest way to take a rectangular grid done in r,theta
>coordinates and contour it in x,y? One way would be to interpolate the
>data onto x,y; is there a library routine that does this easily?
>
>I looked and didn't see one, but I'm new to IDL.

anymore is to use CONGRID to change from one coordinate system to the other.
I have not yet tried to do this with Version 2 IDL but it looks like
you should be able to use POLYWARP.
Jayant Murthy Dept. of Physics JHU