[comp.lang.idl-pvwave] Getting axis output ranges

rfinch@caldwr.water.ca.gov (Ralph Finch) (03/05/91)

I need to get the actual (rounded) axis range of a second axis.  The
code fragment:

  plot,xrange=[0,max_nvals], yrange=[ymin1,ymax1], $
   good_valsx,values(good_vals),nsum=npts, ystyle=8, $
   title=ptitle, ytitle=all_c_parts(1),subtitle=f_part, xmargin=xmrgn,$
   xtickname=tick_lbl,xticks=nticks-1,xtickv=tick_vals, linestyle=np
  top1=!y.crange(1)
  bot1=!y.crange(0)
  axis, yaxis=1, yrange=[ymin2,ymax2], ytitle=all_c_parts(1)
  top2=!y.crange(1)
  bot2=!y.crange(0)

What I want is to save the range values of the second axis, generated
with the 'axis' command.  Unfortunately the above doesn't work.  Has
anybody figured this out?
--
Ralph Finch			916-445-0088
rfinch@water.ca.gov		...ucbvax!ucdavis!caldwr!rfinch

rfinch@caldwr.water.ca.gov (Ralph Finch) (03/13/91)

In article <267@locke.water.ca.gov> rfinch@caldwr.water.ca.gov (Ralph Finch) writes:

>I need to get the actual (rounded) axis range of a second axis.  The
>code fragment:
. . .
>  axis, yaxis=1, yrange=[ymin2,ymax2], ytitle=all_c_parts(1)
. . .
>What I want is to save the range values of the second axis, generated
>with the 'axis' command.

Turns out that all I needed was:
  axis, yaxis=1, yrange=[ymin2,ymax2], ytitle=all_c_parts(1), /save