[comp.lang.idl-pvwave] window resizing & plotting

rfinch@caldwr.water.ca.gov (Ralph Finch) (04/23/91)

Sparcstation 2, SunOS 4.1.1, PV-Wave 3.02

Does anybody know how to force the plot routines to accept a new
window size?  What I need to do is:

- enter a routine which plots in a window.
- let the user resize the window with the mouse.
- loop inside the routine, re-doing the same plot in the same, resized
  window.

Unfortunately the second time plot is called is doesn't recognize the
new window size.  Any way around this?
--
Ralph Finch			916-445-0088
rfinch@water.ca.gov		...ucbvax!ucdavis!caldwr!rfinch

plonski@Aero.org (Mike Plonski) (04/25/91)

I run IDL V 2.0.8 on a SPARC under X-windows and this works ok.
It automatically scales the plot to the new window size.
I haven't checked it under SUNVIEW though.

.   . .__.			       The opinions expressed herein are soley
|\./| !__!	 Michael Plonski       those of the author and do not represent

rfinch@caldwr.water.ca.gov (Ralph Finch) (04/25/91)

In article <1991Apr24.190105.8918@aero.org> plonski@Aero.org (Mike Plonski) writes:
>I run IDL V 2.0.8 on a SPARC under X-windows and this works ok.
>It automatically scales the plot to the new window size.
>I haven't checked it under SUNVIEW though.

I'm running it under Openwindows...sometimes it picks up the new size;
sometimes it doesn't.  Weird.