[comp.protocols.time.ntp] stratum 2 chimer sought in cicnet vicinity

emv@math.lsa.umich.edu (Edward Vielmetti) (07/10/90)

wanted: public or nearly so stratum 2 chimer in cicnet vicinity.
currently my system (clock.math.lsa.umich.edu) talks to a stratum
2 system on nysernet & on sesquinet; if equivalent service is available
closer to home I'd use that (lower delay & less packets going through
NSS'es).

thanks.

--Ed

Edward Vielmetti, U of Michigan math dept <emv@math.lsa.umich.edu>
comp.archives moderator

paul@uxc.cso.uiuc.edu (Paul Pomes - UofIllinois CSO) (07/10/90)

emv@math.lsa.umich.edu (Edward Vielmetti) writes:
>wanted: public or nearly so stratum 2 chimer in cicnet vicinity.
>currently my system (clock.math.lsa.umich.edu) talks to a stratum
>2 system on nysernet & on sesquinet; if equivalent service is available
>closer to home I'd use that (lower delay & less packets going through
>NSS'es).

ntp-{0,1,2}.cso.uiuc.edu are 1 hop away from the local cicnet router and
would make good choices.

/pbp
--
         Paul Pomes

UUCP: {att,iuvax,uunet}!uiucuxc!paul   Internet, BITNET: paul@uxc.cso.uiuc.edu
US Mail:  UofIllinois, CSO, 1304 W Springfield Ave, Urbana, IL  61801-2987