[comp.protocols.time.ntp] xntp Truetime driver and/or port to non-BSD systems?

scotth@corp.sgi.com (Scott Henry) (12/06/90)

Has anybody ported xntp to non-BSD systems? I'm mostly having a problem
writing a driver for the Kinemetrics TrueTime GOES clock. (This is my
first attempt at working on a driver/daemon type program). SGI's version
of Unix (Irix) is SVR3 with most of BSD-4.3 as extensions. Of course I'm
having problems with the "missing" parts. The TrueTime clock sends out a
continuous 1pps data stream, but SIGIO isn't sent from the serial ports...

Has anybody generated a version of xntpd that doesn't use SIGIO, or
written a driver for the TrueTime clock that they's be willing to send
patches to me? I'd really like outside confirmation about my approache(s).

thanks very much.

        \\scott
--
 Scott Henry <scotth@sgi.com> / Traveller on Dragon Wings
 Information Services,       / Help! My disclaimer is missing!

adz@rata.vuw.ac.nz (Jim Moriarty) (12/07/90)

Subject: Re: xntp Truetime driver and/or port to non-BSD systems?
Newsgroups: comp.protocols.time.ntp
Bcc:

Does anyone know of a program to use NTP on an IBM Pc compatable ???

We have a network of PC's talking PC-NFS to a sun sparx station
and would like to set their time over the network ???

Ether net card = 3Com 3C501
PC-Nfs Version = 3.0.1

Thanks for any help ....

Reply to adz@rata.vuw.ac.nz or modnic@matai.vuw.ac.nz