[comp.protocols.time.ntp] Changing Sun 4/60 tickadj?

mosemann@hoss.unl.edu (Russell Mosemann) (01/24/91)

   OK.  I have decided to use xntp (the bigger the better, eh?).  The
documentation talks about changing the tickadj on a Sun to about 5.
There is program which will do it to memory, but I would like to make
the change to memory and on the disk.  Does anyone have detailed
directions on how to do this?  Thanks.
--
Russell Mosemann                  Internet:      mosemann@crcvms.unl.edu
Network Analyst                   Bitnet:               mosemann@unlvax1

dah@zoot.avgrp.cr.rok.com (Dave Haverkamp) (01/26/91)

In article <1991Jan23.160602.29132@hoss.unl.edu> mosemann@hoss.unl.edu (Russell Mosemann) writes:
>   OK.  I have decided to use xntp (the bigger the better, eh?).  The
>documentation talks about changing the tickadj on a Sun to about 5.
>There is program which will do it to memory, but I would like to make
>the change to memory and on the disk.  Does anyone have detailed
>directions on how to do this?  Thanks.
>--
  I would just set things up to set your tickadj at boot time.  That way even
after you upgrade the OS you will have the correct tickadj. :-)
David A. Haverkamp                    Collins Commercial Avionics Division
                                      Rockwell International   MS 124-211
INTERNET: dah@zoot.avgrp.cr.rok.com   Cedar Rapids, Iowa 52498