[comp.protocols.time.ntp] SVR3 implementation of Network Time Protocol

erik@unislc.uucp (Erik Sean Nolte) (02/02/91)

I looking for sources to something that can synchronize the system
clocks of 25-100 machines.  I've looked at xntp (archived on udel.edu)
but it was written with BSD in mind (non-portable signals, fcntls, system
calls).  Has anyone seen or heard of an NTP system written for or ported
to AT&T SRV3 or lower?  Please don't respond with "SVR4 takes care of that"...
I'm well aware of the fact and it is not an option.

Another question: are there any AT&T SVR2-3 users out there interested in
an NTP system?  (using NTP keeps the system clocks on your networked
machines within 10s of milliseconds of each other; a nice feature if
you're using NFS/RFS or just want the correct time)

Any response appreciated if its to the effect "never seen such a beast"!

Thanks!
- Erik
Newsgroups: comp.protocols.time.ntp comp.sources.wanted
Subject: SVR3 implementation of Network Time Protocol

Newsgroups: comp.protocols.time.ntp comp.sources.wanted

I looking for sources to something that can synchronize the system
clocks of 25-100 machines.  I've looked at xntp (archived on udel.edu)
but it was written with BSD in mind (non-portable signals, fcntls, system
calls).  Has anyone seen or heard of an NTP system written for or ported
to AT&T SRV3 or lower?  Please don't respond with "SVR4 takes care of that"...
I'm well aware of the fact and it is not an option.

Another question: are there any AT&T SVR2-3 users out there interested in
an NTP system?  (using NTP keeps the system clocks on your networked
machines within 10s of milliseconds of each other; a nice feature if
you're using NFS/RFS or just want the correct time)

Any response appreciated if its to the effect "never seen such a beast"!

Thanks!
- Erik

Barry Schoenfelner (02/05/91)

In article <1991Feb2.102628.21947@unislc.uucp> erik@unislc.uucp (Erik Sean
Nolte) writes:
Has anyone seen or heard of an NTP system written for or ported
>to AT&T SRV3 or lower?  Please don't respond with "SVR4 takes care of that"...
>I'm well aware of the fact and it is not an option.
>
>Another question: are there any AT&T SVR2-3 users out there interested in
>an NTP system?  (using NTP keeps the system clocks on your networked
>machines within 10s of milliseconds of each other; a nice feature if
>you're using NFS/RFS or just want the correct time)

I am interested too!  We have several 3b2's in the Chem Dept. at Wayne State
running SRV3 at this time. Please post answers to the newsgroup.

Barry Schoenfelner
bas@chem.wayne.edu