[comp.protocols.time.ntp] ntpdate for UNIX System V

pcg04000@mailszrz.zrz.tu-berlin.de (Peter-Ch. Gentz) (06/10/91)

Has anyone a version of "ntpdate" running under SYSTEM V ????

I know that only hard setting of time is supported.

Thanks  Peter

--
Peter-Ch. Gentz         Tel.:  +49 30 314 23897
c/o TU-Berlin/ZRZ       s=gentz ou=zrz p=tu-berlin a=dbp c=de

edward@TWG.COM ("Edward C. Bennett") (06/10/91)

In his letter dated 10 Jun 91 12:52:46 GMT, Peter wrote:

>Has anyone a version of "ntpdate" running under SYSTEM V ????
>I know that only hard setting of time is supported.

I happened to discover just last week that SCO UNIX has an adjtime()
system call. I haven't had time to try putting ntp over there yet,
but at least it's a beginning for System V.
--
Edward C. Bennett - The other WIN/MHS & MMDF guy	edward@twg.com
The Wollongong Group					(415) 962-7252