[comp.os.os2.misc] LAN for OS/2 2.0?

dedina@cup.portal.com (Michael J Dedina) (07/23/90)

We've been running OS/2 1.2 EE with LAN manager on a token-ring network.
We want to do some development under OS/2 2.0, but we need lan support.
Since there is no 2.0 EE, what can we do?  There must be others in this
situation.  (Be gentle, I'm not very lan-literate).  Thanks.
       Mike Dedina
       dedina@cup.portal.com

alistair@microsoft.UUCP (Alistair BANKS) (07/24/90)

In article <32003@cup.portal.com> dedina@cup.portal.com (Michael J Dedina) writes:
>We've been running OS/2 1.2 EE with LAN manager on a token-ring network.
>We want to do some development under OS/2 2.0, but we need lan support.
>Since there is no 2.0 EE, what can we do?  There must be others in this
>situation.  (Be gentle, I'm not very lan-literate).  Thanks.
>       Mike Dedina
>       dedina@cup.portal.com

The Microsoft OS/2 2.0 SDK now comes with LanMan workstation
software. You can therefore connect your 2.0 development machine
back to a previous version of MS Lan Manager or IBM Lan Server.

Alistair Banks
OS/2 Group
Microsoft