[comp.os.os2.misc] Out of Environment Space

REDELMAN@auvm.auvm.edu (Richard B. Edelman) (07/27/90)

When I open my DOS box in 1.1 SE, the autoexec file executes.
Toward the end of that file, I get an "Out of Environment Space"
message.  Subsequent commands are not executed.

Has anyone run into this?  Is there a way to increase RAM allocated
to environment variables?

Thanks,
Richard Edelman

alistair@microsoft.UUCP (Alistair BANKS) (07/31/90)

As with DOS, to increase the size of the environment space, put a line like:-

shell=c:\os2\command.com c:\os2 /p/e:512

in your config.sys. The /e: parameter is the one you alter to
specify environment space.

Alistair Banks
OS/2 Group
Microsoft

weiss@theory.lcs.mit.edu (Paul G. Weiss) (07/31/90)

To increase the environment space given to the DOS box, insert
the switch /E:512 (or whatever you want) to the line in CONFIG.SYS
that begins "SHELL="

-Paul

d9mikael@hackes.dtek.chalmers.se (Mikael Wahlgren) (07/31/90)

In article <90208.114011REDELMAN@auvm.auvm.edu> REDELMAN@auvm.auvm.edu (Richard B. Edelman) writes:

>When I open my DOS box in 1.1 SE, the autoexec file executes.
>Toward the end of that file, I get an "Out of Environment Space"
>message.  Subsequent commands are not executed.

Alter the SHELL-statement in your OS/2 CONFIG.SYS file by adding the
"/E:xxxx" parameter at the end.  "xxxx" is the amount of RAM allocated
for environment space.

Mikael Wahlgren      d9mikael@dtek.chalmers.se