[comp.os.os2.misc] Memory requirements for OS/2

williams@umaxc.weeg.uiowa.edu (Kent Williams) (08/10/90)

In article <something> alistair@microsoft.UUCP (Alistair BANKS) writes:

>We are still recommending 4Mb memory for a reasonable configuration of
>MS OS/2 1.21, in which you can run network software and a few applications.
>
>Alistair Banks
>OS/2 Group
>Microsoft

Well, people may not believe it but I'm running OS/2 on a 12 MHZ Epson
286 with 2 Mbytes, and it doesn't seem that slow, at least in the
edit-compile-link cycle.

I'm running 1.2 from IBM on a monochrome adapter.  The guys that set
it up install 1.2 until the screen goes blank, then they copy over the
1.1 program selector to the hard disk.

If you don't need PM, this works great -- OK speed in 2Mb, downright
zippy in 4Mb!

--
Kent Williams                    'Look, I can understand "teenage mutant ninja
williams@umaxc.weeg.uiowa.edu    turtles", but I can't understand "mutually