[comp.os.os2.misc] IBM OS/2 on clones

GD.SAR@forsythe.stanford.edu (Sandy Rockowitz) (08/12/90)

In a recent posting, Philip Burton (burton@mitisft.Convergent.COM) writes:
> I am about to buy a 386/333 MHz motherboard upgrade.  I've heard some
> horror stories lately about incompatibility between OS/2 and various BIOSes.
>
> Can anyone comment on this situation?  Specifically has anyone had problems
> with OS/2 (you name the version) on a motherboard with an AMI BIOS?
>
> How about on an actual AMI motherboard?

Philip,

I have been using a system based on a 25 mhz AMI MKII motherboard
for a couple months now with OS/2 EE 1.2 and have seen no
motherboard related problems.  The one difficulty I did have was
getting the printer to work.  This was because the printer port was
not generating interrupts (recall that OS/2 printer drivers are
interrupt driven, whereas DOS printer drivers poll).  The problem
was solved by using a different i/o card.

Sanford Rockowitz