[comp.os.os2.misc] Telnet/ftp for OS2 PM?

johns@hp-ptp.HP.COM (John_Schubert) (08/15/90)

Is there a version of telnet terminal emulation and ftp that will run under
PM?

*   John Schubert;  Hewlett Packard, AMSO   |  The opinions contained herein *
*           	    Sunnyvale, California   |  are my own, because nobody    *
*   INTERNET:   jes@hpams0c.hp.com          |  else wants them...            *
*   CompuServe: >INTERNET:jes@hpams0c.hp.com|                                *
*               or 72007,1334               | "Ban low performance drivers,  *
*   HPDESK:     HP2200/40                   |  not high performance cars."   *

twg0214@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu (08/16/90)

FTP Software and IBM have TCP/IP programs for OS/2. I am not sure whether
they work on PM. They cost around $500, though.
Ignacy Misztal
ignacy@uiuc.edu

mco@slimer.UUCP (Mark C. Otto) (08/17/90)

In article <6860004@hp-ptp.HP.COM> johns@hp-ptp.HP.COM (John_Schubert) writes:
>Is there a version of telnet terminal emulation and ftp that will run under
>PM?

Rumor has it that there might just be such a product in the R&D stages.  It it
allegedly built on the Lan Manager TCP/IP stack so that you don't have to
re-boot when you do telnet with Lan Manager installed.  Again, this is just
rumor and inuendo (sp?) - how could I possibly be correct.

--
Mark C. Otto   EMail: mco@slimer, {teemc | hpftc}!slimer!mco
Voice: 1-313-441-4264    USnail: 5133 Heather #208, Dearborn, MI. 48126