[comp.os.os2.misc] JOVE for OS/2

jk0@sun.soe.clarkson.edu (Jason Coughlin) (08/18/90)

Has anyone ported JOVE to OS/2 yet?  If so, can you give me the ftp
site?  Thanks for your help.

--
Jason Coughlin ( jk0@sun.soe.clarkson.edu , jk0@clutx )
"Every jumbled pile of person has a thinking part that wonders what the

mem@zinn.MV.COM (Mark E. Mallett) (08/20/90)

In article <1990Aug17.223258.15436@sun.soe.clarkson.edu> jk0@sun.soe.clarkson.edu (Jason Coughlin) writes:
>Has anyone ported JOVE to OS/2 yet?  If so, can you give me the ftp
>site?  Thanks for your help.

Sounds like a good idea, if somebody's got the time.  But in the meantime,
you can run JOVE out of the compatability box, which is what I've done.
It works just fine.

-mm-
--
Mark E. Mallett  Zinn Computer Co/ PO Box 4188/ Manchester NH/ 03103
Bus. Phone: 603 645 5069    Home: 603 424 8129     BIX: mmallett

bmarsh@cod.NOSC.MIL (William C. Marsh) (08/22/90)

In article <871@zinn.MV.COM> mem@zinn.MV.COM (Mark E. Mallett) writes:
>In article <1990Aug17.223258.15436@sun.soe.clarkson.edu> jk0@sun.soe.clarkson.edu (Jason Coughlin) writes:
>>Has anyone ported JOVE to OS/2 yet?  If so, can you give me the ftp
>>site?  Thanks for your help.
>
>Sounds like a good idea, if somebody's got the time.  But in the meantime,
>you can run JOVE out of the compatability box, which is what I've done.
>It works just fine.

I've ported Jove to work under 1.1 full screen mode.  I didn't use VIO calls,
just calls using the ansi codes, using Fred Fish's termcap routines.  It
does use the Kbd functions to read the keyboard.  I'll see about scrapping
up together a 'starter' kit and making it available (kinda for beta testing).
This was Jove version 4.14.

Bill
--
Bill Marsh, Naval Ocean Systems Center, San Diego, CA
{arpa,mil}net: bmarsh@cod.nosc.mil