[comp.os.os2.misc] SW & HW to talk to a Sun Sparc station 1+ via a DOS/OS2 machine

drc@konkord.uucp (Dave Carhart) (09/10/90)

I'm looking for a manufacturer of an ethernet board and SW package so that I
can talk to a Sun Sparc station 1+ using an X windows protocol.

I know that a company called Excelan made a DOS product called
"The LAN Workplace for DOS" that talked via an ethenet card to a UNIX system.
The problem is that that company is no longer in business.

Please Email any responses to me and I will post a summary to this newsgroup.

Thanks, 	Dave.

Dave Carhart		Phone	508-460-4646    FAX 508-481-9772
Concord Communications, Inc.		 	Telex  910-240-1986
753 Forest St. 			uucp     -->	uunet!konkord!drc
Marlboro, MA 01572 USA	        internet -->    drc%konkord@uunet.uu.net
--

colin@la.excelan.com (Colin Goldstein) (09/12/90)

In article <1990Sep10.125032.10850@uunet!konkord> drc@konkord.uucp (Dave Carhart) writes:
>I'm looking for a manufacturer of an ethernet board and SW package so that I
>can talk to a Sun Sparc station 1+ using an X windows protocol.
>
>I know that a company called Excelan made a DOS product called
>"The LAN Workplace for DOS" that talked via an ethenet card to a UNIX system.
>The problem is that that company is no longer in business.

Hi Dave, while it is true that Excelan no longer exists (we merged with
Novell Inc.,) the DOS product does still exist. For futher information
please call our Product Information number (800) 526-5463.

Colin
|  The views expressed here are my own.  | How's life treating      |
|  They do not necessarily represent     | you Norm???              |
|  the views expressed by my employer.   |                          |
|                         ---------------| Like a baby treats a     |
|  colin@novell.com       | Novell Inc., | diaper.                  |
|  uunet!novell!colin     | San Jose     |                 - Cheers |