[comp.os.os2.misc] Seeking OS/2 1.2

TURGUT@TREARN.BITNET (Turgut Kalfaoglu) (09/27/90)

Since I had borrowed my OS/2 1.1 from a friend, my time with OS/2
is running out - I need to buy my own version. Can someone PLEASE
tell me where I can find an OS/2 for my machine? I can mail order
it, so if you have an address, please tell me.

I think I cannot buy it from IBM, because my machine is a Chips And
Technologies,AMI BIOS,4 MB, 80286 at 16MHZ, and I think IBM version
is picky for microchannel and other PS/2-specific stuff.

I would appreciate any help in this matter.  Regards, -turgut

dbc0027@cec1.wustl.edu (Daniel Bryan Crank) (09/27/90)

In article <90270.153651TURGUT@TREARN.BITNET> Turgut Kalfaoglu <TURGUT@TREARN.BITNET> writes:
>Since I had borrowed my OS/2 1.1 from a friend, my time with OS/2
>is running out - I need to buy my own version. Can someone PLEASE

>I think I cannot buy it from IBM, because my machine is a Chips And
>Technologies,AMI BIOS,4 MB, 80286 at 16MHZ, and I think IBM version
>is picky for microchannel and other PS/2-specific stuff.

Not at all.  We have run IBM's OS/2 1.20 (SE and EE) on the following AT-class
clones: Dell, Club American, Compaq, and Toshiba, as well as IBM AT's and
PS/2s.  Unless your machine is really quirky, the IBM version should work.

                                              danno

| "Is that -- strictly speaking -- accurate, sir?"        |     YOYODYNE     |
| "Mansell, that is what we in the Royal Navy call a lie."|Propulsion Systems|
|                                          --Yellowbeard  |Grover's Mill, NJ |
| Email to dbc0027@cec1.wustl.edu (Top Secret Think Tank) |------------------|