[comp.os.os2.misc] TCP/IP & NFS for OS/2

thorson@typhoon.atmos.colostate.edu (Bill Thorson) (10/16/90)

   We are setting up a PS/2 with OS/2 to do ingest and processing of one
type of data.  What we would like to do is have this data available to
all other TCP/IP hosts on the local network.  What I thought would be
ideal would be to run TCP/IP and NFS and export the data directory readonly.

  The questions are:

  1) Is TCP/IP available?  From whom?
  2) If TCP/IP then is there ftp server software (daemon?) available?
  3) Also if TCP/IP is NFS server software available?  Possible could
     be client only and mount some other disk.

  If you have any answers please supply names, addresses, and/or phone
numbers of such suppliers.  Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.
Will summarize to net if requested.

Thanks!

Bill Thorson

#!/bin/sh
#-----------------------------------------------------------------------#
echo Bill Thorson                   thorson@typhoon.atmos.colostate.edu
echo Dept of Atmospheric Science    +1 303 491-8339
echo Colorado State University
echo Ft. Collins,  CO  80523        Cray||Sun||Amiga -- I can't decide?
#-----------------------------------------------------------------------#

goldman@mbcl.rutgers.edu (10/18/90)

In article <10281@ccncsu.ColoState.EDU>, thorson@typhoon.atmos.colostate.edu
(Bill Thorson) writes:
>    We are setting up a PS/2 with OS/2 to do ingest and processing of one
> type of data.  What we would like to do is have this data available to
> all other TCP/IP hosts on the local network.  What I thought would be
> ideal would be to run TCP/IP and NFS and export the data directory readonly.
>
>   The questions are:
>
>   1) Is TCP/IP available?  From whom?
>   2) If TCP/IP then is there ftp server software (daemon?) available?
>   3) Also if TCP/IP is NFS server software available?  Possible could
>      be client only and mount some other disk.

IBM has an TCP/IP product for OS/2 1.2 EE.  You can get more details if
you log into the IBM NSC BBS: 404-835-6600.  That's all the information I
have.

Adrian Goldman                         |  Internet:  Goldman@MBCL.Rutgers.Edu
Molecular Biology Computing Laboratory |  Bitnet:    Goldman@BioVAX
Waksman Insitute,                      |  Phone:     (908) 932-4864
Rutgers University,                    |  Fax:       (908) 932-5735
Piscataway, NJ 08855 USA               |