[comp.os.os2.misc] mouse and Win3.0 under the BOX

nacer@hpmcaa.mcm.hp.com (Abdenacer Moussaoui) (11/06/90)

What do I need to do to get the mouse working under Win3.0 running
from the DOS box under OS21.1?  The mouse icon appear but no response takes
place.

The SYSTEM.INI has the following:
mouse.drv=hpmouse.drv
mouse.drv=HP Mouse (HP-IL)
mouse=*vdm

and system\hpmouse.drv exists!

Thank you.

cfreas@csserv1.ic.sunysb.edu (Terry Freas) (11/07/90)

In article <15590008@hpmcaa.mcm.hp.com> nacer@hpmcaa.mcm.hp.com (Abdenacer Moussaoui) writes:
>What do I need to do to get the mouse working under Win3.0 running
>from the DOS box under OS21.1?  The mouse icon appear but no response takes
>place.

Upgrade to OS/2 v1.2.  As long as your Windows display driver has resolution
and color depth less than or equal to your display driver for PM, you will
get your mouse pointer.  I think OS/2 v1.1 only works with the mouse in text
mode, but it may work at low graphics resolutions.
--
oo            - I live for the day earth becomes a domain name -            oo
\/ Jeremy Wohl / wohl@max.physics.sunysb.edu / cfreas@csserv1.ic.sunysb.edu \/