[comp.os.os2.misc] OS/2 1.2->1.3 upgrade frorms

cfreas@eeserv1.ic.sunysb.edu (Terry Freas) (12/12/90)

As per request, here are the OS/2 v1.2->1.3 upgrade forms for both
Standard Edition and Extended Edition.  SE first:

cut here

No-Charge Upgrade for Operating System Standard Edition Version 1.3

For a limited time only, customers who have acquired OS/2(R) Standard Edition
V1.1 or 1.2 may receive a no-charge upgrade to V1.3.

This upgrade can be obtained by completing the IBM No-Charge Upgrade  Form.
IBM will honor all forms that are properly completed and postmarked on or
after November 30, 1990, but no later than March 29, 1991.

All customer types, except IBM internal customers, are  eligible  for  this
no-charge upgrade.

IBM reserves the right to withdraw this offering at any time.

(R) Registered trademark of International Business Machines Corporation.

IBM No-Charge Upgrade Form for OS/2(R) Standard Edition Version 1.3

The Customer certifies that the total quantity of the IBM Personal
Computer/System Program Packages and Additional License Upgrades indicated
below does not exceed the quantity of current Customer licenses for the
program being upgraded.  Further, the Customer certifies that the total
quantity of this upgrade will not exceed the total quantity of current
Customer licenses for the program being upgraded.  Documentation to
substantiate  the  quantity  of licenses  obtained must be available for
inspection by IBM for a period of six months following the date of this
upgrade order.

For each copy of the program that is being upgraded, original materials are
replaced by the upgrade; all copies of these materials must be  destroyed
within thirty days of the receipt of the upgrade.  The provisions of the IBM
Program License Agreement will be applicable to the licensed program upgrade
received.

This upgrade is offered only for licenses granted in the United States and/or
Puerto Rico.

This form must be signed by both the Customer and an Authorized Remarketer.
Unsigned forms will not be processed.  This offer is not available to IBM
internal customers.

IBM will honor requests postmarked on or before March 29, 1991.  (Please
allow 4 to 6 weeks for delivery.)

     84F7588 - OS/2 Standard Edition V1.3 -  3.5" media         Quantity:
_____
     84F7587 - OS/2 Standard Edition V1.3 - 5.25" media         Quantity:
_____
    *84F9785 - OS/2 Standard Edition V1.3 Additional License    Quantity:
_____

* A request for an additional license upgrade entitles the customer to make a
single copy of the program diskettes and the printed documentation for the
quantity of additional licenses indicated above.

 Customer Name:                                      Number:

 Area Code:                                          Telephone No.:

 Shipping Address (must be a street address, not a PO box):

 City:                                   State:              Zip Code:

 Mail To:    IBM Corporation         _________________________________________
             P.O. Box 2009           Customer Signature         Date
             Racine, WI  53401
                                     _______________________________________
                                     IBM Authorized Remarketer Date

                                     IBM Authorized Remarketer (Print or Type)

                                     Authorized Dealer Location

 (R) Registered trademark of International Business Machines Corporation.

Extended Edition form
cut here

No-Charge Upgrade for Operating System Extended Edition Version 1.3
Programming Tools and Information Version 1.3

For a limited time only, customers who have acquired the following products
can receive a no-charge upgrade to V1.3.

o  OS/2(R) Extended Edition V1.1 or 1.2

o  OS/2 Programming Tools and Information V1.2

These upgrades can be obtained by completing the IBM No-Charge Upgrade Form.
IBM will honor all forms that are properly completed and  postmarked on or
after December 31, 1990, but no later than April 30, 1991.

All customer types, except IBM internal customers, are eligible for this
no-charge upgrade.

IBM reserves the right to withdraw this offering at any time.

(R) Registered trademark of International Business Machines Corporation.

                        IBM No-Charge Upgrade Form
                                    for
                   OS/2(R) Extended Edition Version 1.3
            OS/2 Programming Tools and Information Version 1.3

[...]

This form must be signed by both the Customer and an authorized IBM
Remarketer.  Unsigned forms will not be processed.  This offer is not
available to IBM internal customers.

IBM will honor requests postmarked on or before April 30, 1991.  (Please
allow 4 to 6 weeks for delivery.)

     15F7195 - OS/2 Extended Edition V1.3 -  3.5" media Quantity: _____
     15F7196 - OS/2 Extended Edition V1.3 - 5.25" media Quantity: _____
    *15F7197 - OS/2 Extended Edition V1.3 AdditionalQuantity: _____
     85F1658 - OS/2 Programming Tools and Information V1.3 - 3.5" media
         Quantity: _____
     85F1659 - OS/2 Programming Tools and Information V1.3 - 5.25" media

--
Jeremy Wohl / wohl@max.physics.sunysb.edu / cfreas@csserv1.ic.sunysb.edu

ss@sprite.Berkeley.EDU (Srinivasan Seshan) (12/14/90)

In article <1990Dec11.164700.23678@sbcs.sunysb.edu>, cfreas@eeserv1.ic.sunysb.edu (Terry Freas) writes:

.. the OS2 1.3 upgrade form

|>  ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
|>  Customer Name:                                      Number:
|>
|>  ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
|>  Area Code:                                          Telephone No.:
|>
|>  ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
|>  Shipping Address (must be a street address, not a PO box):
|>
|>  ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
|>
|>  ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
|>
|>  ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
|>
|>  ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
|>  City:                                   State:              Zip Code:
|>
|>  Mail To:    IBM Corporation         _________________________________________
|>              P.O. Box 2009           Customer Signature         Date
|>              Racine, WI  53401
|>                                      _______________________________________

What is supposed to go in the Number: blank.  I have never received a
registration number from IBM nor is there a serial number on my OS2
package or disks.  The MicroAge dealer I got the form from had no idea
either.

So what is this number and where can I find it??

Srinivasan Seshan

cfreas@eeserv1.ic.sunysb.edu (Terry Freas) (12/14/90)

In article <1990Dec13.212118.26163@agate.berkeley.edu> ss@sprite.Berkeley.EDU (Srinivasan Seshan) writes:

>In article <1990Dec11.164700.23678@sbcs.sunysb.edu>, cfreas@eeserv1.ic.sunysb.edu (Terry Freas) writes:
>|>

>.. the OS2 1.3 upgrade form
>|>

>|>  ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
>|>  Customer Name:                                      Number:
>|>
>|>  ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
>|>  Area Code:                                          Telephone No.:
>|>
>|>  ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
>|>  Shipping Address (must be a street address, not a PO box):
>|>
>|>  ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

>What is supposed to go in the Number: blank.  I have never received a
>registration number from IBM nor is there a serial number on my OS2
>package or disks.  The MicroAge dealer I got the form from had no idea
>either.
>
>So what is this number and where can I find it??

>Srinivasan Seshan

I knew we would get to that....  My IBM rep has no idea either.  She suggested
I send it in and wait for a returned form if something is missing, or the
upgrade if something isn't.  I'm just sending it in.
--
Jeremy Wohl / wohl@max.physics.sunysb.edu / cfreas@csserv1.ic.sunysb.edu