[comp.os.os2.misc] How to keep submenus from disappearing?

be@sapwdf.UUCP (Bernd Esslinger) (02/27/91)

[I sent this message a month ago but did not receive any replies.  I
hope this time someone might have more time to reply. Thanks!]

- Currently, after selecting an item in a submenu, the whole submenu
  disappears at once.  I would like to change this behavior by keeping
  the submenus visible until taken down programmatically.  Any ideas?

- Can anybody tell me where it make sense to use:

	WM_MENUEND
	MM_ENDMENUMODE
	MM_STARTMENUMODE

  In particular, I would be interested in code fragments utilizing these
  messages.

Thanks for any help.

Bernd Esslinger
be@sap-ag.de
-

chaynes@ncratl.AtlantaGA.NCR.COM (Chris Haynes) (03/01/91)

In article <2618@sapwdf.UUCP> you write:
>[I sent this message a month ago but did not receive any replies.  I
>hope this time someone might have more time to reply. Thanks!]
>
>- Currently, after selecting an item in a submenu, the whole submenu
>  disappears at once.  I would like to change this behavior by keeping
>  the submenus visible until taken down programmatically.  Any ideas?

Inorder to keep the submenu from disappearing, you must change the attribute
of the menuitem in you .rc file to MIA_NODISMISS. For example

        SUBMENU "File", ID_FILE
        {
          MENUITEM "New", ID_NEW,,MIA_NODISMISS
          MENUITEM "Open", ID_OPEN,,MIA_NODISMISS
          MENUITEM "Save", ID_SAVE
        }

In this example, when you select 'New' or 'Open' from the File menu it will
not disappear. However, if you select 'Save' it will. Hope this helps.

Chris Haynes
(Chris.Haynes@AtlantaGA.NCR.COM)

Newsgroups: comp.os.os2.programmer,comp.os.os2.misc