[comp.os.os2.misc] C++ programming for Presentation Manager

remde@npdiss1.StPaul.NCR.COM (Kevin Remde) (02/26/91)

Hi,
	I am in the process of researching potential methods for programming
applications for operation under OS/2 and Presentation Manager.  In the past,
I have used C++ to program under Microsoft Windows, using a very wonderful
tool from CNS, Inc. called C++/Views.  I am wondering if anyone here has
had any experience with programming in C++ for PM applications, or knows
of any good tools for doing this.
	At best, a tool similar to C++/Views would be great, but any sources
of object libraries (preferably with source) would be tremendously appreciated.
	Respond here or in email.  If there are a sufficient number of

Kevin A. Remde                                     remde@ncrons.StPaul.NCR.COM
NCR Network Products Division                      (612)638-7376

wmm@world.std.com (William M Miller) (03/03/91)

remde@npdiss1.StPaul.NCR.COM (Kevin Remde) writes:
>         I am in the process of researching potential methods for programming
> applications for operation under OS/2 and Presentation Manager.  In the past,
> I have used C++ to program under Microsoft Windows, using a very wonderful
> tool from CNS, Inc. called C++/Views.  I am wondering if anyone here has
> had any experience with programming in C++ for PM applications, or knows
> of any good tools for doing this.

Glockenspiel has a GUI class library/application framework called CommonView
that provides near-100% portability among Windows 3.0, Presentation Manager,
and OSF Motif (the Motif version is just entering beta test and will be
generally available in a few months).  It works with Glockenspiel's own
cfront-based translator and with Zortech's and Borland's compilers.  For
information, call ImageSoft, our U.S. publisher, at (516) 767-2233.

[DISCLAIMER: I am an employee of Glockenspiel.]

-- William M. Miller, Glockenspiel, Ltd.
   wmm@world.std.com