[comp.os.os2.misc] Super VGA drivers for OS/2

ventor@tolsun.oulu.fi (Timo Posio) (03/06/91)

I am considering to upgrade my vga card to some Super VGA (I am TIRED to search
the right window from overlapping windows). However, I have noticed that
many manufactures don't have any support for PM. So, can anybody give me I
list of Super VGA cards (800X600 or 1024X768) that do have PM -drivers
(for OS/2 1.2/1.3).

Thanks in advance.

--- Timo

Timo Posio                           ventor@tolsun.oulu.fi
University of Oulu                   earn/bitnet: tkop-tep@finou.oulu.fi

wbonner@eecs.wsu.edu (Wim Bonner) (03/07/91)

In article <1991Mar5.221710.18141@ousrvr.oulu.fi> ventor@tolsun.oulu.fi (Timo Posio) writes:
>list of Super VGA cards (800X600 or 1024X768) that do have PM -drivers
>(for OS/2 1.2/1.3).

I know that Video Seven has PM Drivers for their boards, and that at least
the 1024i's driver works great with OS/2 1.3 in 1024x768.

I have heard that Paradise finally released a 1.2 pm driver that will drive
their card in 800x600.  (1.2 drivers seem to work with 1.3.  I know there
are problems with 1.1 drivers working under 1.2.)

--
|  wbonner@yoda.eecs.wsu.edu  |
| 27313853@wsuvm1.csc.wsu.edu |

kretzer@miller.cs.uwm.edu (Michael D Kretzer) (03/08/91)

In article <1991Mar06.232752.20582@eecs.wsu.edu>, wbonner@eecs.wsu.edu (Wim Bonner) writes:
|> In article <1991Mar5.221710.18141@ousrvr.oulu.fi> ventor@tolsun.oulu.fi (Timo Posio) writes:
|> >list of Super VGA cards (800X600 or 1024X768) that do have PM -drivers
|> >(for OS/2 1.2/1.3).
|>
|> I know that Video Seven has PM Drivers for their boards, and that at least
|> the 1024i's driver works great with OS/2 1.3 in 1024x768.
|>
|> I have heard that Paradise finally released a 1.2 pm driver that will drive
|> their card in 800x600.  (1.2 drivers seem to work with 1.3.  I know there
|> are problems with 1.1 drivers working under 1.2.

Is there a place accessible via ftp, mail, etc. to get a hold of these
drivers?  Or does one have to contact the companies themself.  I have
a super VGA card that is not brand-name (it has a TSENG BIOS), but
quite a number of the drivers for other cards seem to work with it (I
use a driver for another card to get 800x600 with 256 colors in Windows.
I would like to have the same resolution, color capability in OS/2.

Would someone also please post/mail the address of the OS/2 archive site
that the moderator of os2.binaries runs?  (I know his name is tom and
he's located somewhere in Canada, I think)  I lost the address, sorry...

Mike Kretzer
tanith@csd4.csd.uwm.edu
kretzer@miller.cs.uwm.edu