[comp.os.os2.misc] Kermit for OS/2?

Hooper_TA@cc.curtin.edu.au (Todd Hooper) (03/07/91)

Does anyone know if there is a version of Kermit for OS/2?

I tried the ftp site at waterloo, but with no success.

Thanks for your help,

Todd

lowey@herald.usask.ca (Kevin Lowey) (03/08/91)

From article <7342.27d65e9b@cc.curtin.edu.au>, by Hooper_TA@cc.curtin.edu.au (Todd Hooper):
> Does anyone know if there is a version of Kermit for OS/2?
>
> I tried the ftp site at waterloo, but with no success.
>
> Thanks for your help,
>
> Todd

There are two versions of Kermit available for OS/2.  One is a full-screen
version, the second is an OS/2 1.2 or higher version for Presentation
Manager.  The second includes Tek40xx graphics capabilities.

These are available from watson.cc.columbia.edu for anonymous FTP.  The
full screen version is in the files "/kermit/b/cko*.*".  There appears to
also be a newer beta test version in "/kermit/test/cko*.*".

I couldn't find the PM version, but it must be there someplace.  There are
actually TWO PM versions.  One is based on C-Kermit, the second is written
in Modula-2.  I like the C-Kermit version better.

You can also download the files from my Fidonet BBS, the University of
Saskatchewan BBS, Fidonet node 1:140/43, phone (306) 966-4857, 2400
baud.  I am upgrading to a USR dual standard 19200 baud modem within a
month.

The file names on my BBS are:

  CKOEXE.ZIP  Full screen version executables
  CKOSRC.ZIP  C language source for it

  CKPM5X_E.ZIP PM experimental version executables
  CKPM5X_S.ZIP Source code to the PM version.

- Kevin Lowey (LOWEY@SASK.USASK.CA,   Kevin Lowey @ 1:140/43)
  University of Saskatchewan Computing Services

cur022%cluster@ukc.ac.uk (Bob Eager) (03/08/91)

Try the os2 directory at mtsg.ubc.ca
Bob Eager                | University of Kent at Canterbury
                         | +44 227 764000 ext 7589

TURGUT@TREARN.BITNET (Turgut Kalfaoglu) (03/09/91)

Sure Todd - I think I got my copy of CKOKER from LISTSERV@BLEKUL11's
OS-2 FILELIST. Try there. (Send a mail with INDEX OS-2 in the mail body,
then use GET filename filetype   command for the files that you'd like).
Regards, -turgut