[comp.os.os2.misc] Getting Corrective Service Diskettes from the IBM BBS

marco@McRCIM.McGill.EDU (Marco Petroni) (02/27/91)

I was wondering if anyone out there could inform me on how to log into
and download corrective service diskettes from the IBM BBS.

Thanks,

Marco...
- Marco Petroni -- McGill Research Centre for Intelligent Machines (McRCIM),
                         McGill University, Montreal, Canada.
 INTERNET/BITNET: marco@larry.mcrcim.mcgill.edu  or marco@mcrcim.mcgill.ca

seg@ingres.com (scott e garfinkle) (03/02/91)

In article <1991Feb27.134515.7740@thunder.mcrcim.mcgill.edu> marco@McRCIM.McGill.EDU (Marco Petroni) writes:
>I was wondering if anyone out there could inform me on how to log into
>and download corrective service diskettes from the IBM BBS.
>Thanks,
>Marco...
>- Marco Petroni -- McGill Research Centre for Intelligent Machines (McRCIM),
>                         McGill University, Montreal, Canada.
> INTERNET/BITNET: marco@larry.mcrcim.mcgill.edu  or marco@mcrcim.mcgill.ca

Dial (404) 835-6600 at 2400 n-8-1 ir (404) 835-6296 with a USR HST (I think)
at 9600 and follow the instructions.
	-scott e. garfinkle
Standard Disclaimer.

bking@nro.cs.athabascau.ca (Barry King) (03/10/91)

marco@McRCIM.McGill.EDU (Marco Petroni) writes:

> I was wondering if anyone out there could inform me on how to log into
> and download corrective service diskettes from the IBM BBS.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Marco...

Marco, dial 1-404-835-6600, answer the prompts for name and password etc.
(you'll have to register if you're not  already which I am assuming...)
and read the bulletins regarding receiving CSD's via modem.  There's a
couple of programs which assist in creating the CSD diskettes which you
may want to take.  It's probably a lot cheaper just to have IBM send them
to you...