[comp.os.os2.misc] OS/2 1.3 EE and IDE-Drives

marauder@nadia.stgt.sub.org (Stefan Hess) (03/18/91)

Anybody else got problems (or solutions) with OS/2 1.3 EE and IDE-Drives ?
My 386 has been running fine under OS/2 1.2 EE. When I tried to install
1.3 EE, the program run into an error while checking the hard disk, it failed
with the message 'The device D: is not responding!', It could read the
partition table, though, as it recognised the four existing partitions.

Help appreciated.

Stefan.
--
  _ _
 /\V/\   MAR-3H Marauder      Don't leave your dropship without one !

rommel@Informatik.TU-Muenchen.DE (Kai-Uwe Rommel) (03/20/91)

In article <SS5ON2V@nadia.stgt.sub.org> marauder@nadia.stgt.sub.org (Stefan Hess) writes:
>Anybody else got problems (or solutions) with OS/2 1.3 EE and IDE-Drives ?
>My 386 has been running fine under OS/2 1.2 EE. When I tried to install
>1.3 EE, the program run into an error while checking the hard disk, it failed

I run 1.3 SE with no problems at all with a 200MB IDE drive (Seagate
ST-1239A on a IDE-serial-parallel-game-combo card).
Did you check if the CMOS setup (probably user disk type) is still ok or
if it was corrupted during the installation?

Kai Uwe Rommel