[comp.os.os2.misc] OS/2 SE/EE v.1.2 upgrade to v.1.3

grate@flash.bellcore.com (Gerry Grate) (03/12/91)

Apologies if this was mentioned before, but
I need to get a hold on the forms for upgrading
my OS/2 v.1.2 to v.1.3.  I heard that I have
until March 30 to upgrade them.

Any anonymous ftp sites or BBS (area code -201,908-
preferable).

Thanks in advance.

seg@ingres.com (scott e garfinkle) (03/13/91)

In article <1991Mar12.173158.23612@ingres.Ingres.COM> seg@ingres.com (scott e garfinkle) writes:
>the IBM National Support Center BBS in Atlanta.  Their 2400 baud rotary is
>(404) 835-6600.  They have a USR HST (I think) at (404) 836-6296.

Oops.  The HST # is (404) 835-6296.  Sorry.
	-seg

grate@flash.bellcore.com (Gerry Grate) (03/14/91)

In article <1991Mar12.173158.23612@ingres.Ingres.COM> seg@ingres.com (scott e garfinkle) writes:
>In article <1991Mar11.163353.25310@bellcore.bellcore.com> grate@flash.UUCP (Gerry Grate) writes:
>>Apologies if this was mentioned before, but
>>I need to get a hold on the forms for upgrading
>>my OS/2 v.1.2 to v.1.3.  I heard that I have
>>until March 30 to upgrade them.
>>
>>Any anonymous ftp sites or BBS (area code -201,908-
>>preferable).
>
>The upgrade form, as well as some other useful OS2 stuff, can be had from
>the IBM National Support Center BBS in Atlanta.  Their 2400 baud rotary is
>(404) 835-6600.  They have a USR HST (I think) at (404) 836-6296.
>
>	-scott e. garfinkle

Is it possible to mail in the forms :
      a) with an Authorized Remarketer signature & no "Proof of Licence" page
         (I'm afraid that the PoL might get lost in the mail)?
      b) without an an Authorized Remarketer signature, but PoL enclosed?

Let me know if I can't do a) or b), but must do:
      c) Enclosed with an an Authorized Remarketer signature and PoL page.

Thanks for the info.
--Gerry

edso@arnor.UUCP (Edward C. So) (03/16/91)

> Is it possible to mail in the forms :
>       a) with an Authorized Remarketer signature & no "Proof of Licence" page
>          (I'm afraid that the PoL might get lost in the mail)?
>       b) without an an Authorized Remarketer signature, but PoL enclosed?
>
> Let me know if I can't do a) or b), but must do:
>       c) Enclosed with an an Authorized Remarketer signature and PoL page.
>
> Thanks for the info.
> --Gerry

Either an Authorized Remarketer signature or the Proof of License is
sufficient, whichever is more convenient.
But don't mail an upgrade form with an authorized signature and then another
one with a proof of license unless you own 2 copies of OS/2!  :-)
--
Edward C. So               edso@ibm.com (Internet)
Computing Systems, IBM T.J. Watson Research Center

seg@ingres.com (scott e garfinkle) (03/19/91)

In article <1991Mar13.223453.11290@bellcore.bellcore.com> grate@flash.UUCP (Gerry Grate) writes:
	[reference getting the upgrade forms to OS2 1.3]
>Is it possible to mail in the forms :
>      a) with an Authorized Remarketer signature & no "Proof of Licence" page
>         (I'm afraid that the PoL might get lost in the mail)?
>      b) without an an Authorized Remarketer signature, but PoL enclosed?

We got all of our upgrades by simply downloading the form, printing it out,
and enclosing the correct number of box tops (oops, "proof of license" pages).
	-scott e. g.

remde@npdiss1.StPaul.NCR.COM (Kevin Remde) (03/21/91)

In article <1991Mar18.181501.6111@ingres.Ingres.COM> seg@ingres.com (scott e garfinkle) writes:

>We got all of our upgrades by simply downloading the form, printing it out,
>and enclosing the correct number of box tops (oops, "proof of license" pages).
>	-scott e. g.

Is this form for the upgrade available somewhere FTP-able?  I have no modem
(have such little use for it with internet access), so I'd like to be
able to get that form over the network.
Thanks.

Kevin A. Remde			                  remde@c10sd6.StPaul.NCR.COM
NCR Network Products Division