[comp.os.os2.misc] Wanted: NFS and TCP/IP protocols

beauchem@terre.DMI.USherb.CA (Denis Beauchemin) (03/22/91)

Hi,

I am looking for a software that would let an OS/2 based PC access an NFS
network (a la PC-NFS for DOS) via an Ethernet interface.  If the package
also included printer sharing and E-Mail, it would be even better.

Thanks!

Denis
(PS: Reply directly since I usually don't subscribe to this list)
--
=== Denis Beauchemin,  === beauchem@DMI.USherb.CA ===
=== Dir. R&D           ==============================

yozzo@watson.ibm.com (03/24/91)

> Originator: beauchem@terre
>
> Hi,
>
> I am looking for a software that would let an OS/2 based PC access an NFS
> network (a la PC-NFS for DOS) via an Ethernet interface.  If the package
> also included printer sharing and E-Mail, it would be even better.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Denis

IBM's TCP/IP 1.1 supports NFS and remote printing via lpr and lpd.

Ralph Yozzo (yozzo@watson.ibm.com)

goldman@mbcl.rutgers.edu (03/25/91)

In article <1991Mar24.065131.8429@larouch.uucp>, yozzo@watson.ibm.com writes:
>> Originator: beauchem@terre
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am looking for a software that would let an OS/2 based PC access an NFS
>> network (a la PC-NFS for DOS) via an Ethernet interface.  If the package
>> also included printer sharing and E-Mail, it would be even better.
>>
>> Thanks!
>>
>> Denis
>

> IBM's TCP/IP 1.1 supports NFS and remote printing via lpr and lpd.
>

> Ralph Yozzo (yozzo@watson.ibm.com)

There's PC-NFS for OS/2 from PCTCP.  It says it does most of these things.
I haven't yet cracked it open, but one of these fine days I'll get around
to trying it out.

		Adrian Goldman
--
Adrian Goldman                         |  Internet:  Goldman@MBCL.Rutgers.Edu