[comp.os.os2.misc] Mouse speed

mabdoor@cs.vu.nl (Doorn van MAB) (04/11/91)

Why isn't it possible to change the mouse-speed in OS/2 1.3  ??
(just like Windows 3.0)

Does anybody know if there exists a mouse-accelarator for OS/2 ?

I use an IBM PS/2 mouse (microsoft compatible)

Thanks,

Matthijs van Doorn

( You can contact me by e-mail:  mabdoor@cs.vu.nl )

larrys@watson.ibm.com (Larry Salomon, Jr.) (04/12/91)

In <9624@star.cs.vu.nl>, mabdoor@cs.vu.nl (Doorn van MAB) writes:

>Why isn't it possible to change the mouse-speed in OS/2 1.3  ??
>(just like Windows 3.0)
>
>Does anybody know if there exists a mouse-accelarator for OS/2 ?
>
>I use an IBM PS/2 mouse (microsoft compatible)

I don't know of anyone comparable function in OS/2.

Cheers,
Larry Salomon, Jr. (aka 'Q')
OS/2 Applications and Tools
IBM T.J. Watson Research Center
Yorktown Heights, NY

jwohl@eeserv1.ic.sunysb.edu (Jeremy Wohl) (04/12/91)

In article <9624@star.cs.vu.nl> mabdoor@cs.vu.nl (Doorn van MAB) writes:
>Why isn't it possible to change the mouse-speed in OS/2 1.3  ??
>(just like Windows 3.0)
>
>Does anybody know if there exists a mouse-accelarator for OS/2 ?
>
>I use an IBM PS/2 mouse (microsoft compatible)

MS's driver included with their mouse and the one for the MS mouse
included in IBM OS/2 1.2/1.3 both have acceleration in the movement-
logic.
--
Jeremy Wohl / wohl@max.physics.sunysb.edu / jwohl@csserv1.ic.sunysb.edu

samama@watson.ibm.com (Thierry Samama) (04/13/91)

In <1991Apr12.123754.19796@watson.ibm.com>, larrys@watson.ibm.com (Larry Salomon, Jr.) writes:

>In <9624@star.cs.vu.nl>, mabdoor@cs.vu.nl (Doorn van MAB) writes:
>>
>>Why isn't it possible to change the mouse-speed in OS/2 1.3  ??
>>(just like Windows 3.0)
>>
>>Does anybody know if there exists a mouse-accelarator for OS/2 ?
>>
>>I use an IBM PS/2 mouse (microsoft compatible)
>
>I don't know of anyone comparable function in OS/2.
>
>Cheers,
>Larry Salomon, Jr. (aka 'Q')
>OS/2 Applications and Tools
>IBM T.J. Watson Research Center
>Yorktown Heights, NY

Actually, I believe that using the MS mouse driver in conjunction with
the IBM mouse will speed things up quite a bit...

Thierry Samama
IBM Watson OS/2 Applications and Tools