[comp.os.os2.misc] How to Paste in OS/2 Window

colin@la.excelan.com (Colin Goldstein) (04/06/91)

The News Manager)
Date: Tue, 2 Apr 1991 17:52:42 GMT

I feel compelled to pass on this very useful tip. You should note
however that I could not get this to work in 1.2 SE, so it may only
work with 1.3 and up.

>Date:         Tue, 26 Mar 91 09:05:51 +0100
>From:         Dirk Rober <FDAAA12@BLEKUL11>
>Subject:      Tip to get 'Paste' in OS/2 Window
>

>Start OS/2 Window
>Select Menu Icon
>Use Arrow keys to move to Mark -> ||| Important use keyboard |||
>Press Shift-Enter              -> Disk activity (INI update)
>Close OS/2 Window
>

>The above sequence causes the Paste option to appear in every
>OS/2 Window system menu.
>
>       Dirk Rober

Thanks Dirk,
	Colin
|  The views expressed here are my own.  | Norm, what are you       |
|  They do not necessarily represent     | up too???                |
|  the views expressed by my employer.   |                          |
|                         ---------------| My ideal weight if I     |
|  colin@novell.com       | Novell Inc., | were 11 feet tall.       |
|  uunet!novell!colin     | San Jose     |                 - Cheers |

margoli@watson.ibm.com (Larry Margolis) (04/13/91)

In  <1991Apr2.175242.19450@novell.com>  colin@la.excelan.com (Colin Goldstein) writes:
> >Start OS/2 Window
> >Select Menu Icon
> >Use Arrow keys to move to Mark -> ||| Important use keyboard |||
> >Press Shift-Enter              -> Disk activity (INI update)
> >Close OS/2 Window
> >

> >The above sequence causes the Paste option to appear in every
> >OS/2 [1.3] Window system menu.

You can also just hold the shift key down while mouse-selecting Mark.

Larry Margolis, MARGOLI@YKTVMV (bitnet), MARGOLI@IBM.COM (csnet)