[comp.os.os2.misc] TCP/IP for OS/2 SE ?

jjr@sgtech.uucp (John Radigan) (04/11/91)

  Is there a version of TCP/IP available for OS/2 Standard Edition? I realize
that it is part of EE, but we are not going to run EE.

Replies to the net or jjr@sgtech, thanks.
--
John Radigan, Star Gate Technologies, Inc., Solon, Ohio
Email: jjr@sgtech.uucp		Telephone: (216) 349-1860 x666

larrys@watson.ibm.com (Larry Salomon, Jr.) (04/12/91)

In <77@sgtech.UUCP>, jjr@sgtech.uucp (John Radigan) writes:

>  Is there a version of TCP/IP available for OS/2 Standard Edition? I realize
>that it is part of EE, but we are not going to run EE.

IBM's OS/2 TCP/IP product is not PART of EE, but it does require it.

Cheers,
Larry Salomon, Jr. (aka 'Q')
OS/2 Applications and Tools
IBM T.J. Watson Research Center
Yorktown Heights, NY

goldman@mbcl.rutgers.edu (04/12/91)

In article <77@sgtech.UUCP>, jjr@sgtech.uucp (John Radigan) writes:
>   Is there a version of TCP/IP available for OS/2 Standard Edition? I realize
> that it is part of EE, but we are not going to run EE.

John,

	I'm using pc/tcp for os/2 from FTP software.  It seems pretty good to
me.  You can reach them on the net: info@ftp.com or worley@ftp.com.  They
claim that their next release (almost out) will support nfs.

> Replies to the net or jjr@sgtech, thanks.
> --
> John Radigan, Star Gate Technologies, Inc., Solon, Ohio
> Email: jjr@sgtech.uucp		Telephone: (216) 349-1860 x666

		Adrian
--
Adrian Goldman                         |  Internet:  Goldman@MBCL.Rutgers.Edu
Molecular Biology Computing Laboratory |  Bitnet:    Goldman@BioVAX

ballard@cheddar.ucs.ubc.ca (Alan Ballard) (04/13/91)

In article <77@sgtech.UUCP> jjr@sgtech.uucp (John Radigan) writes:
>  Is there a version of TCP/IP available for OS/2 Standard Edition? I realize
>that it is part of EE, but we are not going to run EE.

There are at least two implementation for SE.  One from FTP Software
(info@ftp.com or phone 617-246-0900), and one from Essex Systems
(phone 508-532-551).

I use FTP Software's.  It is very reliable, and functionally adequate,
though not a particularly good OS/2 port.  There is a new version due
out RSN.

Alan Ballard                   | Internet: ballard@ucs.ubc.ca
University Computing Services  |   Bitnet: USERAB1@UBCMTSG
University of British Columbia |    Phone: 604-822-3074
Vancouver B.C. Canada V6R 1Z2  |      Fax: 604-822-5116

colin@la.excelan.com (Colin Goldstein) (04/13/91)

The News Manager)
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 1991 20:12:18 GMT

In article <77@sgtech.UUCP> jjr@sgtech.uucp (John Radigan) writes:
>  Is there a version of TCP/IP available for OS/2 Standard Edition? I realize
>that it is part of EE, but we are not going to run EE.

Novell also has a version of TCP/IP available for OS/2. Version 2.0
is currently shipping. The product is called Lan WorkPlace for OS/2
and is the old Excelan product (Novell and Excelan are now one).

For more info contact Brian Meek at brian@novell.com.

Colin
|  The views expressed here are my own.  | Norm, what are you       |
|  They do not necessarily represent     | up too???                |
|  the views expressed by my employer.   |                          |
|                         ---------------| My ideal weight if I     |
|  colin@novell.com       | Novell Inc., | were 11 feet tall.       |
|  uunet!novell!colin     | San Jose     |                 - Cheers |