[comp.os.os2.misc] Sytos Plus and IBM Internal Tape Backup Unit

spexet@ux.acs.umn.edu (D. Robert Spexet II) (04/16/91)

Will the Sytos Plus Utilities for OS/2 work with the IBM Internal Tape Backup
Unit on a PS/2 Model 80?  (This backup unit is IBM Model #5279, it attaches
to the system through the connector for floppy disk drive B.)

If this arrangement will work, then which driver should I use?  We've received
a copy of Sytos Plus for trial testing, and we'd like to get it to work with
this internal tape drive, if at all possible.

Thanks,

-D. Robert Spexet II, Post Office Box 14909, Minneapolis, Minnesota 55414-0909
 Internet:  spexet@ux.acs.umn.edu
 BITNET:    spexet@umnacux.BITNET
 UUCP:	    rutgers!umn-cs!ux.acs.umn.edu!spexet

bking@nro.cs.athabascau.ca (Barry King) (04/17/91)

spexet@ux.acs.umn.edu (D. Robert Spexet II) writes:

> Will the Sytos Plus Utilities for OS/2 work with the IBM Internal Tape Backup
> Unit on a PS/2 Model 80?  (This backup unit is IBM Model #5279, it attaches
> to the system through the connector for floppy disk drive B.)
>
> If this arrangement will work, then which driver should I use?  We've receive
> a copy of Sytos Plus for trial testing, and we'd like to get it to work with
> this internal tape drive, if at all possible.

We were shipped Systos Plus with the IBM Internal Tape Backup Unit with
our Model 70's and the version we received definitely did not work.  We
had to use PS2TAPE...what a kludge.  I do not know this for sure but I
believe that our tech support guy called Sytos and was told that a
version for the IBM tape drive was forthcoming.  That was about 8 months
ago.  I no longer work for that organization and don't have any more
information beyond the above.  It might be worth a call to the
manufacturer.

Hope this helps.

Barry King             ersys!bking@nro.cs.athabascau.ca
Edmonton Remote Systems:  Serving Northern Alberta since 1982