[comp.os.os2.misc] Borland support?

870086t@aucs.AcadiaU.ca (Shannon Tremblay) (04/02/91)

Does anyone know what Borland products, if any, support OS2?  How about
MicroSoft, or other major software companies?

Any replies will be appreciated

Shannon Tremblay
870086t@aucs.acadiau.ca

tholen@uhccux.uhcc.Hawaii.Edu (David Tholen) (04/02/91)

Shannon Tremblay writes:

> Does anyone know what Borland products, if any, support OS2?  How about
> MicroSoft, or other major software companies?

Sidekick for Presentation Manager was bundled with IBM OS/2 version 1.1.
As far as I know, the latest release is version 2.0.

Microsoft has several OS/2 products, including their various language
compilers, Excel, and Word.

Lotus has 1-2-3/G out.  Hilgraeve has HyperACCESS/5 and Cawthon has
ChipChat, both communications programs.  PageMaker, BRIEF, CASE:PM,
Multiscope, WordPerfect, Corel Draw!, DeScribe, Wingz, Sytos Plus....

What do you consider to be a "major" software company?  Lots of shareware
stuff out there as well.

bking@nro.cs.athabascau.ca (Barry King) (04/17/91)

870086t@aucs.AcadiaU.ca (Shannon Tremblay) writes:

> Does anyone know what Borland products, if any, support OS2?  How about
> MicroSoft, or other major software companies?

Borland has Paradox for OS/2, Sidekick for OS/2...that's all I can think
of.

Microsoft has (at least) PM Word, Excel, several compilers...gee, that's
about it too.  Lotus has 123/G, Aldus supports Pagemaker and Micrografix
has a port of their illustration software.  There's a lot of other
software as well but the above is some of the more mainstream
applications.

Are you looking for something specific?  If you need a list of companies
with OS/2 products you should be able to get this list from your local
IBM rep.

Barry King             ersys!bking@nro.cs.athabascau.ca
Edmonton Remote Systems:  Serving Northern Alberta since 1982

larrys@watson.ibm.com (larrys) (04/18/91)

If you're referring to the language products, I don't know; I do remember
a time, however, when Philippe Kahn emphatically denied that they were
going to write a C compiler, and now they have C and C++.

Cheers,
Larry Salomon, Jr. (aka 'Q')            LARRYS@YKTVMV.BITNET
OS/2 Applications and Tools             larrys@ibmman.watson.ibm.com
IBM T.J. Watson Research Center         larrys@eng.clemson.edu