[comp.os.os2.misc] OS/2 2.0 VS. System 7?

kc2x+@andrew.cmu.edu (Kwan-Ju Chen) (04/24/91)

Of these two 32 bit operating system which has more power and speed?

(I'm just CURIOUS!!!!!)

Thanks for any response!!!
____________________________
Kwan-JU Chen

larrys@watson.ibm.com (Larry Salomon, Jr.) (04/26/91)

In <Ac5_7TO00Uh7M4NUsE@andrew.cmu.edu>, kc2x+@andrew.cmu.edu (Kwan-Ju Chen) writes:

>Of these two 32 bit operating system which has more power and speed?
>
>(I'm just CURIOUS!!!!!)

This is a taboo subject as the OS/2 guys will say "OS/2 is better" while
the Unix guys will say "Unix is better".

Cheers,
Larry Salomon, Jr. (aka 'Q')            LARRYS@YKTVMV.BITNET
OS/2 Applications and Tools             larrys@ibmman.watson.ibm.com
IBM T.J. Watson Research Center         larrys@eng.clemson.edu
Yorktown Heights, NY

Disclaimer:  The statements and/or opinions stated above are strictly my
own and do not reflect the views of my employer.  Additionally, I have a
reputation for being obnoxious, so don't take any personal attacks too
seriously.

keating@rex.cs.tulane.edu (John Keating) (04/27/91)

larrys@watson.ibm.com (Larry Salomon, Jr.) replies:

> This is a taboo subject as the OS/2 guys will say "OS/2 is better" while
> the Unix guys will say "Unix is better".

Or as in this case, the mac people will say "System 7 is better."

John
--
 +---------------------------------------+ +---------------------------+
 | Looking for genealogical histories of | | keating@rex.cs.tulane.edu |

melling@cs.psu.edu (Michael D Mellinger) (04/28/91)

In article <Ac5_7TO00Uh7M4NUsE@andrew.cmu.edu> kc2x+@andrew.cmu.edu (Kwan-Ju Chen) writes:

   Of these two 32 bit operating system which has more power and speed?

   (I'm just CURIOUS!!!!!)

Why argue over who's second best :-)?  Anyway, at the moment you can't
buy either of the 32 bit OS's.

-Mike

tshea@vax1.mankato.msus.edu (04/28/91)

In article <Ac5_7TO00Uh7M4NUsE@andrew.cmu.edu>, kc2x+@andrew.cmu.edu (Kwan-Ju Chen) writes:
> Of these two 32 bit operating system which has more power and speed?
>
> (I'm just CURIOUS!!!!!)
>
> Thanks for any response!!!
> Kwan-JU Chen

That is a very difficult question to answer since both operating systems run on
totally different hardware.  I am running both System 7.0fc3 (fc4 is the
current beta) and OS/2 2.0 (have no idea what the beta version is) and I love
them both.

tim