[comp.os.os2.misc] Paradise drivers

janeri@Lise.Unit.NO (Jan Eri) (03/10/91)

Rumours will have it that Western Digital at last has released
updated drivers to OS/2 1.2 (1.3) for their Paradise boards.

I have no easy access to the WD BBS'es, and would be very happy if
someone with access to those drivers either would care to post them
to me, or maybe even better, to some FTP site with anonymous access.

in advance, thanx

Jan

janeri@lise.unit.no

weiss@theory.lcs.mit.edu (Paul G. Weiss) (04/29/91)

Newsgroups: comp.os.os2.misc
Subject: Paradise driver problems (maybe)
--text follows this line--
I have a PC Brands 16-bit VGA card which is really a Paradise with 512K
of memory.  I am running OS/2 1.3.

I have the lastest drivers from Paradise and I am running the 800*600*16
driver with no difficulties.  However, I am not able to run the
1024*768*16 or the 640*480*256 drivers.  The screen comes out all garbled.
In the DOS box, however I can run DOS software which drives the card at these
modes.

Any ideas or experience?