[comp.os.os2.misc] Archivers And Misc

John_Dierdorf@f170.n771.z3.fidonet.org (John Dierdorf) (05/17/91)

I never said that the DES export restriction had any "conspiracy theory"
attached to it, only that it was DUMB.  What I did say was that some people,
with or without a well-developed sense of paranoia, think that NSA can break
DES, and that THAT is why they ENDORSE DES as an encryption standard.  I
also said that I personally didn't believe it.

In any case, this has little to do with the subject of this echo; let's kill
this thread before the moderator descends upon us.

--- Maximus-CBCS v1.02-OS/2-R4
 * Origin: OS/2 Shareware BBS, Fairfax, VA: 703-385-4325 (1:109/347)